Followers

Tutorials

I Create For:

I Admin For:

Scrappy Bit of Fun

My First Award!

My First Award!
Thank you, Sarah!
Artwork ©Misticheskaya http://www.picsfordesign.com. Powered by Blogger.

Search

Saturday, September 27, 2014

A Note About Beehive Studios...

Hi Everyone...

I wanted to take a moment to post regarding Beehive Studios

Recently it was revealed that Ninaste and Derzi had "created" CU elements that were a copy of Neopets, which is obviously a huge no-no.

There has been a huge outcry against these two people and it got nasty. So nasty, they have closed their doors and decided to not refund people who paid for original CU elements. I feel this is not only irresponsible, but obviously makes them both look even more guilty.

I am not here to judge, but I do thank the PSP community for making everyone aware of this issue. As someone who strives to be copyright compliant, this saddens me.

At one time I CT'd for Beehive Studios, that is why you see tutorials from them on this site.

I struggled with whether or not to remove the tutorials. In the end I decided that the tutorials will stay as I worked my butt of to create the tags and the tutorials.

You will no longer be able to purchase the tubes used to create the tags, and I am not entirely sure that the matching kits used in some of the tutorials are still available. However, I feel tutorials are not really supposed to be followed to letter and most definitely not pushing you to buy the kit/tube so it can be an exact replica. I hope you can still have fun using the tutorials.

This incident is unfortunately the dark side of the PSP world.

We rely on artists and scrapkit makers to be honest with all of us and make products that are copyright compliant. I trusted Ninaste and Derzi, just as many of you did and I am sadden that they burned many of you. I hope in the end they will do the right thing.

Thank you for reading my note and have a great day!


0 comments: